ACTarea: Training Course for youth workers
Project. No. 2019-3-LV02-KA105-002801
Project – ,,ACTarea’’ focuses on active youth participation and nonviolent activism. Through it we would like to reach young people living in Europe who have Social, Economical,Geographical,Disability obstacles.
Youth policies and youth work practice must support young people in realising their full potential as autonomous members of society, enabling them to develop life plans and exercise their democratic citizenship.
However older people may also need training in how to support young people in having their say. One of the biggest problems is the lack of relevant and available information concerning activities, opportunities and events. Furthermore, the lack of information about many important issues in young people’s lives such as – housing, employment, sexuality, law, rights, freedom of expression etc.
Aim of the project is to promote non-violent activism as an effective tool for youth participation and inclusion of young people with fewer opportunities, particularly young people living in villages, internally displaced young people, refugees and minority groups.
- Main objectives of the project are:
- -To support cooperation and communication process among young people with fewer opportunities living in different part of Europe;
- -To get familiar with elements and forms of discrimination and how and why to combat it;
- -To get familiar with the concept of democratic citizenship;
- To raise awareness about main principles of youth participation and nonviolent
activism as an effective instrument;
-To increase competences of participants on social/nonviolent activism and analyze the connections with youth participation and democratic citizenship;
- To increase competences of participants to initiate, design and implement nonviolent actions and campaigns through digital tools (photography, videography).
- To provide a safe space and opportunity for participants to plan and implement follow up actions in communities;
-To provide young people with an opportunity to present their culture, learn about others and share their specific attitudes;
- To get familiar with Erasmus + program elements and its’ benefits;
The project is about the values of respect of human dignity, freedom, human rights, equality, democracy, the rule of law, including the rights of people belonging minority groups.
Where & when?
1 training course – Latvia, Koknese – 02.08.-08.08.2020.
2 training course – Georgia, Rustavi – 24.10.-31.10.2020.
Who can participate?
Participants: 18+ with no age limit
For the first activity training the following target group will participate: one youth worker or youth leader, one activist, one organization representatives and one
person from local community stakeholders – the last one will be decided by the organization itself, the local community stakeholder could be local municipality, local state university, local student union or self-governing body. In total on the training we have 8 countries and from each 4 participants, from Georgia and Latvia 6 participants
PARTNERS AND ELIGIBLE COUNTRIES
1. Kulturas biedriba “Alternativa Realitate” – Latvia
2. Institute for Democratic Changes – Georgia
3. KIRSEHIR AHI EVRAN HAVACILIK KULUBU – Turkey
4. ASOCIACION JUVENIL ALMENARAS – Spain
5. ACTION FOR PEOPLE – Romania
6. Yeghvard youth ecological NGO – Armenia
7. BELARUSIAN YOUTH PUBLIC UNION NEW FACES – Belarus
8. CENTER FOR EUROINITIATIVES – Ukraine
Each of the partner organisation will select participants:
1. Kulturas biedriba “Alternativa Realitate” – Latvia – 6 participants
2. Institute for Democratic Changes – Georgia – 6 participants
3. KIRSEHIR AHI EVRAN HAVACILIK KULUBU – Turkey – 4 participants
4. ASOCIACION JUVENIL ALMENARAS – Spain – 4 participants
5. ACTION FOR PEOPLE – Romania – 4 participants
6. Yeghvard youth ecological NGO – Armenia – 4 participants
7. BELARUSIAN YOUTH PUBLIC UNION NEW FACES – Belarus – 4 participants
8. CENTER FOR EUROINITIATIVES – Ukraine – 4 participants
After first activity – training – trained young people will have local practice phase. 4 participants of the training will organize workshops in local communities, in each community at least one workshop will be organized.
For the second training course 4 participants will reunite and share their work experience about local practice and they, together with partner organization will decide to mix the participants team for activity 2 – which means to involve at least 1 participant from training 1 and other participants can be selected among participants who attended on local community actions organized by participants from activity
For the second training , who will be selected among those who participated in the local workshops in order to give opportunity for local youth to be involved and to get familiar deeper with other countries, cultures and to share experience about activism with others. The criteria for selection will be their motivation and their involvement in the long-term.
Detailed information about the project activities will be published soon.
INFO-PACK for participants: here
Registration form for participation: here