INFO-PACK “ACT AREA”
Name: ACT AREA
Type of activity: #TRAINING #COURSE
Dates: 8 – 14 AUGUST 2021
Place: Sumy, Ukraine
Working language: English
Age limit: 18+
Opportunities for: Latvia, Spain, Georgia, Armenia, Belarus, Romania, Ukraine, Turkey!
NO PARTICIPATION FEE! Activity is co-funded by the Erasmus+ programme of the European Union.
Travel costs needs to be paid by participants first and after the project will be reimbursed by organisers.
WHAT TO DO?
AIM OF THE PROJECT
Aim of the ,, ACTArea ” is to promote non-violent activism as an effective tool for youth participation and inclusion of young people with fewer opportunities, particularly young people living in villages, internally displaced young people, refugees and minority groups.
WHERE & WHEN?
Two interconnected training courses will be organized in Ukraine and in Latvia:
Training course – Ukraine, Sumy – 08.08.2021-14.08.2021.
Training course – Latvia, Koknese – postponed due to COVID-19 restrictions, dates will be clarified soon
MAIN OBJECTIVES OF THE PROJECT:
- To support cooperation and communication process among young people with fewer opportunities living in different part of Europe;
- To get familiar with elements and forms of discrimination and how and why to combat it;
- To raise awareness about main principles of youth participation and non-violent activism as an effective instrument;
- To increase competences of participants on social/non-violent activism;
- To increase competences of participants to initiate, design and implement nonviolent actions and campaigns through digital tools (photography, videography).
- To provide a safe space and opportunity for participants to plan and implement follow up actions in communities;
- To provide young people with an opportunity to present their culture, learn about others and share their specific attitudes;
- Latvia, 7 participants
- Turkey, 5 participants
- Spain, 5 participants
- Armenia, 5 participants
- Romania, 6 participants
- Belarus, 4 participants
- Ukraine, 4 participants
On each training course we have 8 countries, in total 36 persons in each part of the project.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
Participants: 18+ with no age limit
For the first activity training the following target group will participate from each Partner organization:
1 youth worker or youth leader, 1 activist, 1 organization representative and 1 person from local community stakeholders – the last one will be decided by the organization itself, the local community stakeholder could be local municipality, local state university, local student union or self-governing body.
No any participation fees from any participant.
PARTICIPANTS PROFILE AND BACKGROUND
Who Can Apply:
- Age of participants 18 + (NO UPPER AGE LIMIT)
- Youth workers or youth leaders
- Local activists
- Partner organization representatives
- Participants who have the full motivation and want to gain new experience
- Participants who are available for the whole duration of the project – preferably those who can participate in the second round of the training in Latvia
- Participants with Social, economical, national obstacles, minorities, refugees, participants with health problems and disabilities, participants from rural areas
- English level – at least beginner, enough for understanding a trainers and express your thoughts and opinions
All the activities and sessions of the seminar will be based on non-formal education and approach, using different pedagogical resources and respecting working principles of Erasmus +:
- Participation of ALL
- Participants’ centered
- Combination of methods
- Safe learning environment
- Intercultural learning process
- Development of competences
- Experiential learning and practice
The project is about the values of respect of human dignity, freedom, human rights, equality, democracy, the rule of law, including the rights of people belonging minority groups.
After the first activity – training – trained young people will have a local practice phase. 4 participants of the training will organize workshops in local communities, in each community at least one workshop will be organized.
For the second training course, 4 participants will reunite and share their work experience about local practice and they, together with a partner organization will decide to mix the participants team for activity 2 – which means to involve at least 1 participant from training 1 and other participants can be selected among participants who attended on local community actions organized by participants from activity ACTarea1.
For the second training, who will be selected among those who participated in the local workshops in order to give opportunity for local youth to be involved and to get familiar deeper with other countries, cultures and to share experience about activism with others. The criteria for selection will be their motivation and their involvement in the long term.
PREPARATION FOR TRAINING IN UKRAINE
We will have an activity before last day of the training when participants will arrange photo exhibition – public event, where other guests will be invited from local community, so they should take some photos, that express activism, in their local communities before coming to Ukraine. (only for selected participants)
Every Country’s group should send us 3 photos, that express activism in their community and a short description of the photo. The deadline for sending photos will be set after selecting participants.
Accomodation during the activity days August 8-14,2021 is fully provided by Erasmus+ program 100%.
Venue: Sumy, Ukraine
Hotel: Reikarz Sumy
You will be accommodated in rooms with 2 or 3 beds that include a private bathroom and a balcony in some rooms. The hotel offers excellent service and food. The hotel is situated in the center of Sumy city.
Food during the activity days August 8-14,2021 is fully provided by Erasmus+ program 100%.
Will be provided 3 meals per day – breakfast in hotel, lunch by catering and dinner in local restaurants in Sumy with traditional Ukrainian dishes.
If you have any restrictions or allergy to any food – please indicate it in registration form
TRAVELLING TO UKRAINE
It is possible to travel to Ukraine by flights to both Kyiv airports (Boryspil or Zhuliany), or to Kharkiv airport. Then local transfer will be provided to Sumy, or it is also possibly to reach Sumy by train from Kyiv and from Kharkiv.
Before buying any tickets please get confirmation about your travel plan (means, place of arrival, timing, prices) from our logistic specialist Kristina and send your travel plan to email email@example.com with the topic ACTAREA TRAVEL PLAN.
All expenses over the travel limits are paid by participants and has no reimbursement. If any ticket is purchased without confirmation of the Coordinating organization, it can be an object of non-reimbursement of travel costs.
The local transfer will be arranged in advance and participants will be informed about the instructions on how to get to the venue, depending on the arrival airport.
TRAVEL REIMBURSEMENT AND LIMITS
Travel expenses will be reimbursed up to 100% by Erasmus+ program,
IMPORTANT! You must keep all travel receipts, such as boarding passes, train tickets, etc. as ORIGINAL documents and send them after the project by post to us. So PLEASE keep all your tickets since it is not possible to reimburse tickets that were lost or misplaced.
Note: We will not reimburse private taxi-hire or first class tickets. Reimbursement is calculated according to the Distance calculator of Erasmus+ program.
When you choose your tickets, please note that in travel limits is included:
- Local transfer Kyiv-Sumy and Sumy-Kiev (or Kharkiv-Sumy/Sumy-Kharkiv) 30 EUR per person
- COVID-19 test before arrival (PCR test 72 h before arrival) – for non-vaccinated persons only
|Country||Limit per person |
for TC in LATVIA,
EUR, both ways
|Limit par person |
for TC in UKRAINE 8-14 Aug 2021
EUR, both ways
|Armenia||360 (and 60 EUR for visa cost)||180|
|Belarus||180 (and 60 EUR for visa cost)||275|
|Turkey||275 (and 60 for visa cost)||275|
THE REGIME OF ENTRY OF FOREIGNERS INTO UKRAINE
|Armenia||visa-free for up to 90 days for 180 days|
|Belarus||visa-free for up to 90 days for 180 days|
|Spain||visa-free for up to 90 days for 180 days|
|Turkey||visa-free for up to 90 days for 180 days (including for biometric passports in the form of an ID card)|
|Romania||visa-free for up to 90 days for 180 days|
|Latvia||visa-free for up to 90 days for 180 days|
|Georgia||visa-free for up to 90 days for 180 days (including for biometric passports in the form of an ID card)|
RULES OF ENTRY TO UKRAINE AND INSURANCE
All foreign nationals traveling to Ukraine need to have an insurance policy registered in the country. The insurance must cover COVID-19 treatment and it should be valid until the duration of their stay in the country. A citizen of Ukraine, or a person with a permanent residence permit may not provide an insurance policy.
All foreign citizens, holders of a temporary residence permit, as well as stateless persons need to have one of the following documents when entering the country:
- Certificate of full vaccination with vaccines approved by WHO; or
- Negative PCR test taken 72 hours prior to schedule of departure; or
- Rapid Test with 72 hours validity before entering the country.
All foreign passengers also have to present one of the following documents:
• a document confirming the receipt of a full course of vaccination against COVID-19 with vaccines included by WHO in the list of approved for use in emergency situations: Pfizer/BioNTech, Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen, AstraZeneca / Vaxzevria, AstraZeneca/Covishield (India), AstraZeneca/SKBio (South Korea), Moderna, Sinopharm, CoronaVac (Sinovac);
• a negative rapid test for the SARS-CoV-2 antigen (RAT, Ag) that was done no more than 72 hours before entry;
• a certificate of a negative PCR test result done no more than 72 hours before the entry.
Fully vaccinated visitors with approved vaccination certificates do not need to quarantine.
A traveler receiving a positive result of a rapid test (or refusal to test) for an antigen, should go for self-isolation / observation with the installation of the Vdoma application.
Our currency is called Hryvna (UAH) and the rates for the most common currencies are:
1€ = 32.5 UAH
1 UAH = 0.0307 €
Each partner organization will be responsible for the preparation of their participants for the project: provide them with materials (if any) and information about the project, helping them in organizing traveling documents, consulting them for follow-up activity (if needed) – designing the campaign, creating movement.
Each partner organization should arrange preparatory meeting (online, offline) with participants, give them information about the training courses and talk about the challenges they face within their communities, do some researches and agree with the topic they want to work on, that they will implement after the training course, as they get more knowledge and experience.
All candidates must apply on-line by clicking the button below.
In case of big amount of applicants from the same organisations, sending organization should provide a support letter which should indicate the priority of the applicants. We will try as far as possible to respect the organisations’ priorities, but also to ensure a balance between genders, geographical regions, different types of experiences, cultural backgrounds and organisations, institutions and projects.
A waiting list may be established.
We will contact only selected participants for an interview and filling in detailed registration form.
Application form for participation:
Project. No. 2019-3-LV02-KA105-002801