We are glad to announce our new Youth Exchange project “Action in ECO Direction” co-funded by Erasmus+ programme of European Union
Project No. 2018-1-LV02-KA105-002048
Partner countries: Latvia, Ukraine, Moldova, Armenia, Czech Republic, Italy
– to provide to young people with deeper knowledge about environmental protection;
– to analyze environmental challenges in the participating countries and in the wider context, and to look for solutions on different levels;
– to promote responsible and eco-friendly behavior among young people;
– to promote active citizenship of young people, esp. in the field of environmental protection;
– to promote inclusion of young people with fewer opportunities through providing them opportunities to participate on the equal level in the international youth project;
– to promote diversity, intercultural dialogue and tolerance between young people from different
countries through sharing, learning and working together in the international team;
– to promote sense of initiative of young people through working on the solutions to the global issues
and organizing own community actions;
– to promote international cooperation between youth organisations in the sphere of non-formal education of young people through working together on the international project.
The project meets the following objectives of the Erasmus+ programme: the overall objectives of the renewed framework for European cooperation in the youth field (2010-2018); and the promotion of European values in accordance with Article 2 of the Treaty on the European Union.
The project meets the specific objectives pursued by the Erasmus+ Programme in the field of youth: improvement the level of key competences and skills of young people, including those with fewer opportunities, as well as promoting active citizenship, intercultural dialogue, social inclusion and solidarity; fostering quality improvements in youth work, in particular through enhanced cooperation between organisations in the youth field; enhancing the international dimension of youth activities and
enhancing the capacity of youth organisations in their support for young people through the promotion of mobility and cooperation between stakeholders from Programme and Partner Countries.
In accordance to the expected outcomes of Key Action 1 the project is meant to produce the following effects on the young people: increased sense of initiative and entrepreneurship; increased self-empowerment and self-esteem; improved foreign language competences; enhanced intercultural awareness; more active participation in society; increased motivation for taking part in future (formal/non-formal) education or training after the mobility period abroad.
The project involves young people from EU and non-EU countries (Eastern Partnership countries) as well as representatives of cultural minorities and migrants (refugees, internally displaced people, asulym seekers) currently living in the participating countries. The intercultural environment created on the project leads to developing solidarity, tolerance inclusion and intercultural understanding. The project contributes to the developing capabilities of the youth organizations as it’s aimed also to have strong effect after its end when participant become active members at their communities and NGOs.
Kulturas biedriba “Alternativa Realitate” Latvia
CENTER FOR EUROINITIATIVES, Ukraine
INTERNATIONAL CENTER FOR AGRIBUSINESS RESEARCH AND
EDUCATION FOUNDATION, Armenia
EVROPSKE CENTRUM MLADEZE BRECLAV
EUROPEAN YOUTH CENTRE BRECLAV Z.S., Czech Republic
Associazione Attiva-Mente, Italy
EU Misc Moldova, Moldova (Republic of)
INFO-PACK FOR PARTICIPANTS – read here
The project Action in ECO Direction was financed with the support of European Commission’s “Erasmus+: Youth in Action” administered in Latvia by the Agency for International Programs for Youth. This publication reflects only the author’s views, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained there in.