What is volunteering?
Volunteer work is an opportunity for people of all ages to perform public work, to promote the overall development of society. Youth volunteering aims at the acquisition of skills and first experience. Young people who perform voluntary work more fully prepare themself for adult life, applying the acquired school knowledge in practice.
Simple words, volunteering is free activity. Person makes something (participates in projects, becomes a member of the team of sanitary cleaning of the territories, cares for animals, helps organizing projects for children, cares for disabled people, etc.) at their own desire on no-paid basis .
For young people volunteering is very important for the growth of personality in the process of education, because it teaches us to understand the values of trust, respect, care, compassion u.PR. Volunteer work helps to acquire practical skills, either individually or in partnership with like-minded people, acting, working, creating and developing the environment. This contributes to the ability to fit into society and the labour market.
Today, employers much more value candidates with volunteer experience than those who can only show a diploma in CVs.
Who can volunteer?
Anyone can be a volunteer, regardless of gender, origin, nationality, religion, political affiliation, age or health. Everyone who wants to have the opportunity to volunteer by donating one day or a couple of hours every day or week.
What should be our volunteer?
loving nature; understands the principles of leaning attitude towards nature; having an active life position; hardworking; Ready to develop and improve.
It depends on You how much you want to devote yourself to this work.
Especially for young people aged 18-30 there is an opportunity to take part in volunteer projects of the European Solidarity Corps, both in Latvia and abroad.
HOW AND WHY to BECOME a VOLUNTEER?
a Volunteer can be any person who wants to apply and develop their abilities and skills and new experiences, participating and influencing social processes. In addition, voluntary work does not necessarily mean to do what you don’t like. a Volunteer chooses their interests and the needs of appropriate professions, and the amount of time, which can be devoted to this work – it can be as a few days and a few hours per month. Volunteer work is the realization that can someone help and do useful work and finding new friends and associates.
What makes a volunteer?
• a great opportunity for any young person to apply and improve their knowledge and skills;
• New friends and like-minded people who share common interests;
• the Opportunity to be involved in the processes of social life;
• Ability to influence social processes;
• Introduction namekey ideas and dreams.
Principles of volunteering:
- Volunteering brings benefits to both society and the volunteer;
- Volunteer work is not paid;
- Volunteer work is always a matter of free choice;
- Volunteer work is a legitimate way how citizens can participate in public processes and to affect public opinion;
- Volunteer work is a tool how one can solve human environmental and social needs;
- Volunteer work is carried out only in the non-profit sector;
- Volunteer work does not replace paid workers and do not create a threat to paid work;
- Volunteer work recognizes the rights of other cultures, the rights of the other person to respect;
- Volunteer work contributes to respect for human rights and equality.
the Opportunity to take part in the projects of European Solidarity Corpse for young people between the ages of 18 and 30 years old (included) for it.fig. young people with fewer opportunities, with a hosting support.
You can go to the Volunteer work starting from 2 months up to 1 year. As it does not receive a salary but shall receive the following covering of expenses:
● Travel expenses
● Eating and the Accomodation expenses
● support for learning Local language
● Small pocket money for personal expenses
And, of course, You’ll get an invaluable experience of living in another country, learning about the specific organisation of the local culture. Learn to make new friends from different countries and cultures, to learn to plan for your life by your own, and will be able to help the people who need your support.
Participation in the international Volunteer projects is desirable knowledge of English language. Participation in the projects does not require prior knowledge of the subject matter.
If you are ready to apply to our project, Fill out the registration form https://alternativa.lv/en/brivpratigajiem/registration-form-for-volunteers/