What is Erasmus Plus?
Erasmus+ is the EU’s programme 2014-2020 for youth and youth workers to support education, training, youth and sport in Europe. Its budget of €14.7 billion will provide opportunities for over 4 million Europeans to study, train, gain experience, and volunteer abroad.
Want to join? Learn more
Culture Assotiation “Alternate Reality” is open for partnership in international Youth exchanges projects of Erasmus+.
We are sending, hosting and coordinating organization and always interested in new stable and perspective partners in Program countries and Partner countries.
Culture Association Alternate Reality is coordinated and hosted 2 projects in Latvia about culture and eco-friendly lifestyle in Latvia, and sent our youngsters to 2 projects to Ukraine in 2017 and 2018.
Alternate Reality aims at:
- Increasing civil society’s role in youth policy development and in implementation in the European countries and EU neighbour countries;
- Contributing to personal development of youngsters and children, especially with fewer opportunities;
- Raising awareness on respect, empathy and tolerance between children and youngsters;
- Promoting intercultural dialogue as a tool for solving common issues and conflicts;
- Focusing on issues related to human rights and acceptance of personal limitations;
- Emphasizing social cohesion and its role in developing multicultural communities;
- to develop and straighten a bridges between young people with different cultural backgrounds, with different levels of opportunities;
- to involve young people in life-long learning process;
- to raise awareness and understanding of other cultures and countries;
- to promote diversity, intercultural dialogue, tolerance between young people from different countries and coming from different backgrounds;
- to expand their knowledge on the notions of multiculturalism, acceptance and tolerance
Our idea is to develop our city youth community, to grow young persons as strong personalities with good social and entrepreneurship skills and to have good experience, comfort and fun from this process.
We are relatively young youth non-governmental organization, but we are very interesting in participation in Erasmus + programme such as Youth Exchanges and Training courses.
Our all experiences in coordinating youth projects are as follows;
SPLASHES OF DIVERSITY, Youth Exchange – Applicant and coordinator of the project
2017-2-LV02-KA105-001721: SOD is a Youth Exchange organized by Alternate Reality in Latvia and Ukraine . Youth Exchange has 2 parts, aimed to cultural exchange and about refugee’s and migrant’s issues. All 6 partner organizations in the first part of the project performed a theatrical performance about European Values, Tolerance, Discrimination to local public in Sumy, Ukraine, and in the second part of the project organized a photo exhibitionin Riga, Latvia, “From life to life” with photos and real life stories of refugees and migrants from dangerous zones.
ACTION IN ECO DIRECTION, Youth Exchange – Applicant and coordinator of the project
2018-1-LV02-KA105-002048- Action in ECO Direction : AED is a Youth Exchange organized by Alternate Reality in Latvia and Ukraine. Youth Exchange has 2 parts, aimed to promote eco-friendly behaviour and eco-responsible life style, reducing, reusing and upcycling of materials. In the 1st part of the project in Kesterciems, Latvia, all 6 partners together created a playground for children from re-used and upcycled materials for local children. In the 2ndpart of the project in Sumy, Ykraine, all 6 partners made a upcycling workshops for local public, promoting responsible and creative thinking about saving environment.
Based on our experiences; we can say that as a coordinator, we have been actively involved in all stages of youth exchanges and training courses: planning, defining roles and responsibilities of project partners, meetings, preparation, logistics, communication between all partners involved, arranging project timetables, as well as promotion of projects and dissemination of their results through our Internet pages and by organizing informative sessions for the local youth for better visibility.
Our all experiences as a sender are as follows;
- Ukraine – Splashes of Diversity (part 1)
- Greece – Training course Gender+
- Ukraine – Action in ECO Direction (part 2)
Based on our experiences; we can say that as a sender organization, we have been actively involved in all stages of youth exchanges and training courses: Communication with the Partners during the all stages of project, Promotion of the project, Selection of suitable participants according to the partner profile, Planning and implementation of the preparation activities (before the departure), Preparation of the participants and their travel plan and tasks, Management of administrative procedures and all technical and organizational aspects, Management of the flows of participants, Management of the relationship with foreign partners and with participants, Planning and implementation of monitoring and evaluation activities,- Planning and implementation of the follow up activities, and Disseminating the results and work towards better visibility.
Our PIF document: AltReality-PIF