INFO-PACK: Youth Exchange “Action in ECO Direction”, phase 2 (Ukraine, Sumy region, 03.-12.09.2018.)
“Action in ECO Direction”
Project Reference: 2018-1-LV02-KA105-002048
Dates: September 03-12, 2018
Location: The second phase of Youth exchange project “Action in ECO Direction” will take place at Okhtyrka, Sumy region, Ukraine.
Who: youth (18-25 y.o.) from Italy, Czech Republic, Latvia, Moldova, Armenia and Ukraine:6 young people (18-25 y.o.) + 1 group leader (no age limits) representing each partner organization.
The international youth exchange in Latvia is the second part of the bigger project “Action in ECO direction”, where youth workers and youth from different cultural backgrounds will meet and experience non-formal and informal learning in intercultural environment.International project “Action in ECO Direction” is aimed to promote eco-responsible behavior, active citizenship and sense of initiative of young people.There is 2 interconnected youth exchanges within the project: first in Latvia 16-25 June, 2018, and the second in Ukraine – 03-12 September, 2018.Young people from 6 countries will get together and learn about the most important environmental problems and risks exist in their countries and the whole Europe. Participants will discover the place of an individual in the pollution and how an individual can influence to make the situation better.
Aims and objectives
Project objectives: – to provide to young people with deeper knowledge about environmental protection; – to analyze environmental challenges in the participating countries and in the wider context, and to look for solutions on different levels; – to promote responsible and eco-friendly behavior among young people; – to promote active citizenship of young people, esp. in the field of environmental protection; – to promote inclusion of young people with fewer opportunities through providing them opportunities to participate on the equal level in the international youth project; – to promote diversity, intercultural dialogue and tolerance between young people from different countries through sharing, learning and working together in the international team; – to promote sense of initiative of young people through working on the solutions to the global issues and organizing own community actions; – to promote international cooperation between youth organisations in the sphere of non-formal education of young people through working together on the international project. As a result of the each of the youth exchanges participants will create and conduct community actions for the local youth with the purpose to promote eco-friendly behavior. Each of the youth exchanges will last for 10 days (including arrival and departure days). The objectives of the each of the youth exchanges are the same as general project objectives, but additionally each of the youth exchanges will focus on the certain specifics. During the youth exchange in Latvia we will focus on pollution and waste reduction. Participants will discover the specifics of the environmental protection situation in the hosting palce. The final activity of the youth exchange will be dedicated to raising awareness and discussion with the local community the important ecological issues and how it’s important to keep the nature. The final activity of the project will be combined with the Latvian national holiday Ligo. It is expected that some of participants will take part in both youth exchanges, so the knowledge transfer will be provided.
A draft of the programme will be added soon. It’s flexible and everyone can contribute. The programme of the youth exchange will be facilitated by all the project team, group leaders and participants. It is expected active participation from everyone to make this youth exchange a great experience!
– young people of 18-25 y. o. with fewer opportunities (some can be older up to 30 y.o.); – coming from Latvia, Italy, Ukraine, Armenia, Czech Republic and Moldova; – personally interested in the topic of intercultural learning, ready to share and gain new experience; – motivated to take active part in the project; – motivated to share the experience gained during the project in their communities and use the obtained knowledge on practice.
For the better implementation of the project, there are some tasks to do at home, so as soon as your group will be collected, you can start the preparation.
The non-formal learning approach intends equal involvement of all participants with the contribution to the learning process. The second part of the project will be dedicated to the creative upcycling – reusing discarded objects or material in such a way as to create a product of higher quality or value than the original.
Therefore, some preparation before the project is required.
1. The product of the project will be upcycling exhibition, each group is asked to propose the idea for the workshop to conduct with the participants. Describe your idea in such a way:
· Materials needed for 1 product;
· Number of participants for the workshop (minimum 12);
· Short description;
Group leaders, post your idea to the FB group till August 10th. The materials for the workshops should be easy collected and the idea should be easily implemented.
2. Each group is proposed to make the research how the waste management is organized in your country. For that you need:
– to have some data;
– know main mechanisms of dealing with waste;
– to search for the best practices of reusing, reducing, recycling and upcycling.
You do not need to make PPT or any other presentation, just collect the information. On one of the sessions the format of the presentation will be proposed to the groups, each group will prepare the presentation and we will discuss them.
3. Some preparation is needed for the intercultural nights. We plan to two intercultural nights:
Intercultural Karaoke Night:
– You are welcomed to prepare TWO songs for intercultural karaoke. The text of the songs should be in transliteration, as all the participants will sing them.
Food and Drinks Night
– We propose each country to present traditional food and drinks. There will be a unique format of presentation. Bring traditional in your countries food, smacks, cookies, sweets and drinks.
4. Each group is proposed to make a short video about the project. For that find one person form your group who will be responsible for this part of the programme. At the end of the project your video should be posted in the FB group.
5. During the project the will be the opportunity to add the information to the blog of the project. Think about the approach of your group to blog writing.
6. Souvenirs: Each participant needs to bring 1 souvenir from your country 7 in total from each group. There will be a special activity in the project where you will have the chance to exchange the souvenirs.
Hosting place and trips
Youth exchange will be conducted in the cottage park “Slavna”, near Okhtyrka city, about 5 hours drive from Kiev. Within the programme it’s planned to have trip to Sumy.
Accommodation: All the participants will be lodged in mixed groups 3 people in a room.
Food: you will have three meals and two coffee-breaks a day. Please, inform about your food habits and needs (vegetarian, vegan etc).
Working language: English.
Internet Access: free wifi is available at the venue.
Plugs: the type of the plugs in Ukraine is European. Make sure that you have adapters for your electrical devises.
What to bring with you:
- “Standard youth exchange equipment”: an alarm clock, any dictionaries you might require, music, musical instruments, comfortable clothes, personal first aid kit, swimming suite, personal hygiene stuff – shampoons and shower gels, beach and bath towels, hairdryers etc;
- ALL NECESSARY PERSONAL MEDICINE
- rain coats and clothes for rainy and cold weather. Now in Ukraine is sunny +22, but anytime it can change to rainy + 14-17.
- Additionally we will inform you about the things which you need to prepare and bring for the programme elements.
- YOGA MAT ot SPORT AMT or PLAID
Crossing the border and identification in Ukraine
Participants from Czech Republic, Italy do not need visa to Latvia. Please, do not forget your international passports and insurance! Participants from Moldova, Ukraine, with BIOMETRIC PASSPORTS do not need visa to Latvia. If you don’t have biometric passport, you can get it now before coming to Latvia, otherwise you have to get visa in nearest Latvia embassy in your country based of our invitation. In that case we will need your personal dates as soon as possible to get visas in time. Groupleader has to collect personal dates of participants for visa and send it to coordinator of the project Irina Kurpniece (email: email@example.com) More information about visas to Latvia please see below: http://www.mfa.gov.lv/en/consular-information/countries-whose-citizens-may-enter-latvia-without-a-visa!!! Please note that foreigners entering and residing in the Republic of Latvia must have a valid health insurance policy, which guarantees the covering of expenses related to health care in the Republic of Latvia, including the transportation back to the country of residence in the case of serious illness. Participants from Latvia: bring your national IDs (national passport, driver license or student ID card).
Please be sure you have a health insurance for crossing abroad. All participants should have private travel insurance. Also the costs of private health care in Latvia are high. While crossing the border you might be asked to provide information about the hosting organization: Center for Euroinitiatives
The day of arrival to Ukraine: September 3, 2018. The day of departure: September 12, 2018
How to get to Ukraine:The closest airport to the venue is Kiev Boryspol airport (approx. 5 h from venue).
Transfer from airport to venue (local time) at September 3:
At September 3 will be organized 2 transfer buses from Kiev city center and Boryspol airport to venue (Okhtyrka). All detailed information about transfer buses will be published in Facebook group for participants and partners of “Action in ECO Direction”.
For emergency keep contact number (+371) 22189430 Irina Kurpniece
If you have any questions or issues about arriving in time, please comment in Facebook group Action in ECO direction or call.
If participant is arrived 1 or 2 days before project starting date, he/she should find hostel and pay it by himself. Accomodation during this extra days not supported and reimbursed. We will inform in our Facebook group about the place and time, where this participant can pick up transfer bus at June 16.Group leaders: before buying any tickets for your groups, please contact Iryna Novak
firstname.lastname@example.org and provide her information about your group travel plans (means, place of arrival, timing, prices).She will consult you about the best travel solutions and will help you to arrange your trip to the venue.
The organizers will reimburse 100% of participants’ travel costs from your home city to the venue within the limits defined by Erasmus+ program.
Maximum amounts to be reimbursed (EUR):
Armenia – 275
Czech Republic – 275
Italy – 360
Moldova – 275
Ukraine – 20
Latvia – 275
Reimbursement of the travel costs will be done by Latvian applicant organizationKulturas biedriba “Alternativa Realitate” only after submitting all original tickets, receipts, invoices, boarding passes and later sending of the return documents and boarding passes. Save the boarding passes from your airport check in as well. Please, be aware that in case you lose any invoices or tickets we will not be able to reimburse the cost.
Reimbursement will be done by transferring to bank account regardless of the currency indicated on your ticket and receipt/invoice according to the official currency exchange rate of European Commission.
! Note: in case of higher travel cost, you will need to cover excess yourself.
Important: the reimbursement of travel costs for participants will be done via bank transfer to the bank account provided, upon presentation of all required original travel documents.
Group leaders: you are welcome to consult with us before purchasing the tickets for your group. Please make the copies (better scan or photo) of all the tickets and invoices before your arrival to the youth exchange. Email those to Irina Kurpniece (email@example.com).
Currency in Ukraine
The national currency in Ukraine is Hryvna. Other currencies you can exchange in currency exchange points at Kiev airport or in any Ukrainian bank.
In September in Ukraine is usually warm, but party rainy weather. Average temperature on the dates of the youth exchange will be around +14 +20 degree Celsius. Please check the weather forecast before coming and make sure that you have an appropriate clothes.
- Kulturas biedriba “Alternativa Realitate” (Latvia);
- Center for Euroinitiatives (Ukraine);
- INTERNATIONAL CENTER FOR AGRIBUSINESS RESEARCH AND EDUCATION FOUNDATION (Armenia);
- EVROPSKE CENTRUM MLADEZE BRECLAV EUROPEAN YOUTH CENTRE BRECLAV Z. S.Sindesmos Sistima Kai Genia (Czech Republic);
- YOUth ConnecAssociazione Attiva-Mentet (Italy);
- EU Misc Moldova (Moldova).
Irina Kurpniece – coordinator of the project, logistic support of the project from applicant and hosting organization Kulturas biedriba “Alternativa Realitate” (Latvia), firstname.lastname@example.org