- No. 2020-3-LV02-KA105-003519
- Lifitime of the project: 01.01.2020.-30.10.2021.
- Approved by National Agency of Latvia.
What? International Training course for Youth workers “CIRCUS PEDAGOGY FOR YOUTHWORK”
Where? Riga, Latvia
When? May 10 – 17, 2021
Who can participate?
There will be 23 participants from 6 Europe countries: Latvia, France, Poland, Hungary, North Macedonia, Cyprus, including trainers and accompanying persons. Each organization could/should select equal quantity – 3 participants.
- youth workers with fewer opportunities in the group: people from local minorities, people with social and economical obstacles, health problems.
- youth workers dealing with the social inclusion of young people, including young people and children with disabilities, belonging to the network of partner organizations and having an active role within them.
- Youth workers will be selected for each partner organization, and their profile can be summarized as follows:
- members, volunteers or collaborators in any way of the sending organization,
- experience in the youth field and in work with young people with disabilities,
- age > 18
- motivation and interest in the topic of the project
- motivated to build and support international partnerships which will be created during the TC with the future Erasmus+ projects;
- be able to share and disseminate what they learned during the course in their organizations and communities.
- It should be better if the participants belong to the following categories: social workers, teachers, educators, pedagogists, who work in the field of education and social inclusion.
- The selection of participants is carried out on the basis of applications submitted by applicants.
EXPENSES FOR PARTICIPATION:
- Accomodation during a period of activity – 100% covered by Erasmus+ programme of European Union
- Food during period of activity – 100% covered by Erasmus+ programme of European Union
- Programme expenses – 100% covered by Erasmus+ programme of European union
- Travel expenses – reimbursed after the project up to 100% according to travel limit (see below)
- No any participation fee can be collected from participants
AIM OF THE PROJECT
The main idea of circus pedagogy is that circus is accessible to everybody regardless of their age, physical condition,
The aim is to introduce to youth workers with positive, healthy activities, encourage co-operation, and strengthen their
confidence, while developing co-ordination and persistence – new attractive methods which can be used in their future work with youngsters. Certain circus activities like juggling, acrobalance, diabolo etc. are taught, as well as time management for youth trainers, basic of training skills for youth workers, leadership, body language of trainer, secrets of the group dynamics. Most of used methods can be used for youth with disabilities and can improve work with this target group in future for increasing their social inclusion.
- to stimulate self expression, self esteem of participants, discover talents and strong sides for using it in future life and youthwork;
- to improve social capital of participants and directs them towards positive ways of living,
- to improve coordination, concentration on the activity and responsibility for their actions, either individual and in team.
- to improve communication and entrepreneurship skills;
- to promote inclusion of participants with fewer opportunities through providing them opportunity to participate in the international project;
During the training, we give lessons to youth workers about:
- Circus skills like juggling, staff, poi, basic acting skills, fans, basics of choreography and group acrobatics. This part is
composed of practical workshops where participants learn how to juggle, how to create human pyramids and how to manipulate with different circus props. These practical skills can be given further from youth worker to young people, who they are working with daily.
- Time management for youth trainers,
- basic of training skills for youth workers, leadership,
- body language of trainer, secrets of the group dynamics
- How to organize a circus workshops. This part is composed of theoretical lectures and exercises about safety, equipment, and how to prepare and adapt a circus workshop to the participants, the space available and the duration of projects.
There is also a practical exercise where youth worker organize and lead a circus workshop in a real situation, especially to youngster with disabilities.
- How to create different circus props like poi, juggling balls etc
- How to create simple circus performance with the participants. This part is composed of theoretical lectures about safety, practical and pedagogical aspect of creating a short performance. There is also a practical exercise where youth workers create their own short circus performance and present it in public.
PARTNERS AND ORGANIZATIONS:
|LATVIA||Kultūras biedrība “Alternatīvā Realitāte”, |
|POLAND||Youth International Non-Formal Cultural and|
Educational Center “DiGrease’s Buffoon Theatre”,
Sending partner organization
|HUNGARY||Európa Ifjúsága Egyesület|
Sending partner organization
|REPUBLIC OF NORTH MACEDONIA||Association for Cultural and Educational Development|
YOUTH ON BOARD
Sending partner organization
Sending partner organization
|FRANCE||Organisation Française de la Coopération |
Sending partner organization
In this project are planned 4 co-trainers.
First (Main) trainer (Poland) : Aliaksej Burnosenka – expert trainer, Training and Development Manager / Lead Trainer / Business trainer / Lead Talent Development Specialist with 10+ years of experience in managing Projects and Company, including Erasmus+. Experienced in managing, budgeting, strategic planning and staffing. Experienced master in such circus workshops, as poi, diablo, fireshows, creating of theatre performances for public events and in youth work. Professional knowledge in Soft Skills (e.g. Body Language, Communication and Negotiation Techniques, Presentation skills etc) with experience in conducting training.
Second trainer (Poland): Gabriela Zarzecka –
POOF -Power of our flow (juggling performing and workshop group) leader and trainer. More than 5 years experience in running workshops of flow arts and circus arts for kids, youth and adults. Gabriela works with the following props: poi, hula hoops, staff, fans, juggling balls. She is also familiar with basic partner acrobatics skills (acrobalance, acro-yoga, partner acrobatics).
Third trainer (Hungary): Balázs Pálmai is a juggler with an experience of 9 years as a juggling instructor. He is familiar with different circus disciplines and circus related requisites such as Juggling (balls, clubs, rings, poi, diabolo, flower stick) basic acrobatics/ partner acrobatics, rolla-bolla, stilt walk, unicycle. During these 9 years he worked as a circus trainer in several international social circus projects. He worked with unprivileged people, people with mental or physical disabilities, kids and grown-ups a well.
Fourth trainer (Latvia): Sergejs Dumbadze. More than 12 years experienced instructor in stage art fencing and working with scenography of fire-weaponed battles, psyhologist an experienced conflict-manager.
TRAVEL & REIMBURSEMENT
TRAVEL BUDGET PER PERSON (both ways)
- Latvia: 20 EUR
- Poland: 275 EUR
- Hungary: 275 EUR
- Cyprus: 360 EUR
- Republic of North Macedonia: 275 EUR
- France: 275 EUR
Before buying any tickets , please contact Project logistic Kristina Shtale and provide her information about your group travel plans (means, place of arrival, timing, prices).
Please buy tickets only after confirmation of Project Logistic. If any ticket is purchased without confirmation of Coordinating organization, it can be an object of non-reimbursement of travel costs.
Reimbursement of the travel costs will only be done after submitting all original tickets, receipt/invoices, boarding passes and later sending of the return documents and boarding passes. Save the boarding passes from your airport check in as well. Please, be aware that in case you loose any invoices or tickets we will not be able to reimburse the cost. Reimbursement will be done in EURO, regardless of the currency indicated on your ticket and receipt/invoice according to the official currency exchange rate of European Commission.
! Note: in case of higher travel cost, you will need to cover excess yourself.
Important: the reimbursement of travel costs for participants will be done via bank transfer to the bank account provided, upon presentation of all required original travel documents.
PLEASE PROVIDE ALL ELECTRONIC BOARDING PASSES SAVED TO YOUR EMAILS. PARTICIPANTS HAVE TO SEND THEM TO ORGANIZERS NOT LATER THAN 7 DAYS AFTER THE MOBILITY, OTHERWISE YOU WILL NOT BE REIMBURSED.
Copies of travelling documents are not acceptable.
Flight tickets must be in economy class, business class tickets are not acceptable. Please note, taxi expenses are not covered and reimbursed.
Furthermore, participants are required to submit the compulsory survey by the European Commission in order to have the right to get the reimbursement of the travel and visa costs.
Is a cost of PCR tests refundable?
Yes, it is! The cost of PCR tests for arriving to Latvia should be included in travel limit. PCR tests for returning to homeland should be done in Latvia 72 h before departure and will be also reimbursed by project budget. We will help you to organize test for returning.
Reimbursement will be done after providing original receipts with clear amount of test costs to Hosting organization not later than within 30 days after end of project activity. Original documents should be sent by post, electronical – by email. Copies or scans of documents are not acceptable.
Filling steps the COVIDPASS:
CONTINUE TO FILL IN YOUR EMAIL!!
Health insurance will be provided or reimbursed by the coordinating organization.
All participants are required to get valid health and travel insurance for whole period of project activity including travel days. If you don;t have trael insurance, please inform coordinating organization at least 14 days before the project starts.
If you live in an EU country and use a national health insurance system there, please apply for a FREE European Health Insurance Card.
Riga is capital of Latvia. With a population of around 800,000 the city hosts its own cultural life, has several universities and is the economic centre of central Latvia region called Vidzeme. Founded in 1201 Riga is 817 years old, and combines great history with modern life. A city of beautiful churches and historical sights, Sumy also has a wide choice of the restaurants, cafes, and nightclubs.
Till April 6, 2021 in Latvia is travel restrictions due to COVID-19 pandemia and all restaurants and nigthclubs are closed. We will follow the situation and inform about more or less restrictions in the country.
How to get to Latvia:
The closest airport to the venue is Riga airport (RIX)
The national currency in Latvia is EURO. Other currencies you can exchange in currency exchange points in Riga airport or in any Latvian bank.
Training course will be conducted in the hotel in Riga center and all activities will be organized in culture center”Alternate reality” in the center of Riga. During the training course participants will be able to participate in open-air festival “Count of May” and present their circus performances and workshops.
PROGRAMME OF THE PROJECT IS FLEXIBLE AND IS SUBJECT TO DISCUSS AMONG THE PARTNERS DURING APV. Dayly schedule will be added soon.
Working language: English.
Internet Access: free wifi is available at the venue.
WHAT TO BRING WITH YOU
“Standard youth exchange equipment pack”:
an alarm clock, any dictionaries you might require, music, musical instruments, comfortable clothes, personal first aid kit, swimming suite, personal hygiene stuff – shampoons and shower gels, bath towels, hairdryers etc;
Plugs: the type of the plugs in Latvia is European plugs. Make sure you have adapters for your electrical devises.
EACH NATIONAL GROUP HAS TO TAKE AT LEAST ONE NOTEBOOK/LAPTOP FOR WORKING ON PROJECT RESULTS!
TO REGISTER FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE PROJECT, PLEASE FILL REGISTRATION FORM BELOW. After registration our organization will contact you for interview and inform about results of selection.