TRAVEL RULES AND RESTRICTIONS. ARRIVAL TO LATVIA 2021
Mandatory to all travellers entering to Latvia by aircraft, bus or car vehicleS:
- make PCR test no more than 72 hours before arrival at the Latvian border or boarding a passenger carrier such as an airline. The test result must be presented in the question. Boarding will not be allowed without the document.
- The test must be recognized in the country from which the person is departured. It must be presented in a printed form or electronically (in a person’s smart device). Test results can be in English, French, Russian or in one of the languages of EU
- you have to get negative test result to enter to Latvia
- Travelers who during last 3 month have recovered from COVID-19 must present a doctor’s note confirming that they have had COVID-19 and that currently they are not infectious. NO PCR test needed for entry.
- fill COVIDPASS within 48 h before crossing border and get QR code here https://covidpass.lv/en/ When you fill Covidpass form – chek the reason for entry – STUDIES
- after arriving in Latvia go directly to your hotel for self-isolation not using public transport
ADDITIONAL RULES FOR TRAVELLERS FROM NON-EU COUNTRIES >>>
- YOU CAN NOT COME TO THE PROJECT IF YOUR FIRST TEST RESULT IS POSITIVE. IN THIS CASE INFORM YOUR SENDING ORGANIZATION IMMEDIATELY!!!
WHAT YOU HAVE TO GET AND KEEP READY
DURING CROSSING BORDER:
| PCR test with NEGATIVE result at latest 72 hours before boarding and payment approvement |
COVIDpass.lv QR code (if you are travelling by bus or by car you have to check in which transit countries also covidpass or other registration form is needed and also fill it in time!)
Your printed participation agreement, signed by all 3 parts (CO, SO and you)
printed invitation letter
Self-isolation means isolating yourself from close contact with any person. During self-isolation period (10 days)
|YOU SHOULD:||YOU CAN:||YOU CAN NOT:|
|– Ensure self-isolation in your place of residence (during this time you must not go to work, public places, or any other places where a large number of people are present).|
– wear face mask
– Avoid close contact with people.
– Monitor your health closely for 10 days and measure your body temperature twice a day (if the situation becomes critical, call 113).
– Wash and disinfect your hands.
– Disinfect any surfaces you have touched.
– Avoid touching any surfaces in public areas (e.g. door handles, elevator buttons).
– Be at your self-isolation place at night time
|– You can go outside (walking in nature and open space), as long as you keep a distance of 2 meters from other people and avoid places where people congregate (such as shops). For example, you can go for walk to the city, You can rent urban scooter and go for exploring city. |
– To purchase basic necessities or food, use home delivery services, avoiding contact with the delivery person, or ask your relatives to do your shopping for you and to leave the purchases at your door. If there are no other options and you have to go yourself, wear a face mask and observe a distance of 2 meters from the store’s and pharmacy’s patrons and employees. Visit the store and pharmacy during off-peak hours and observe strict hygiene measures.
|– Do not have guests.|
– Do not use public transport.
Can I go away from Latvia to my home land if 10 days of self isolation are not passed yet?
Yes! You must notify about termination of self-isolation the State Police and wear the face mask (both in public transport and at the airport and other places).
You can report to State Police using following methods:
- informing the policeman who communicates with a person to make sure that self-isolation is respected;
- By sending a written confirmation to Police email email@example.com
- By contacting police station, in the location of a person staying for self-isolation.
If before arrival in Latvia it is known that the period of stay in self-isolation will be less than 10 days, this information (departure time, etc.) may also be indicated in the electronic confirmation questionnaire on the website covidpass.lv, which is filled in before entering Latvia.
Is a cost of PCR tests refundable for Erasmus+ or ESC participants?
Yes, it is. PCR tests for arriving to Latvia should be included in travel limit. PCR tests for returning to homeland should be done in Latvia 72 h before departure and will be also reimbursed by project budget. We will help you to organize test for returning.
Reimbursement will be done after providing original receipts with clear amount of test costs to Hosting organization not later than within 30 days after end of project activity. Original documents should be sent by post, electronical – by email. Copies or scans of documents are not acceptable.
Entry in Latvia from February 11, 2021 only with a substantial reason
- Entry to Latvia from European Union Member States and the European Economic Area Member States, the Swiss Confederation is permitted for “urgent and essential” reasons only. These are defined as: work, training, studies, family reunion, in order to receive medical services, transit, accompanying a minor, return to one’s permanent place of residence, attending a funeral.
MORE USEFUL INFO ABOUT TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS AND SITUATION IN LATVIA:
More about arriving in Latvia by aircraft: here
More about self isolation rules in Latvia: here
COVID-19 test in Riga airport, please register and pay 72 h before arrival: here
Officail web-site of Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Latvia: here
- People must observe 2 meters distance (applies to both public indoor and public outdoor spaces).
- Face masks must be used in all indoor places, where there is more than 1 person, including public transport, shops, post offices, petrol stations, railway stations, bus stations, airports, as well as cultural and religious venues, etc. Children up to 13 years old do not need to use masks, but from 7 years must wear a mask in public transport.
- All public events are banned.
- Two households (up to 10 people) are able to meet privately outdoors.
- Culture, sport, exhibition venues, museums, etc. are closed.
- Regardless of the assortment of goods and retail space, all stores having a separate entrance and not located in a shopping center with a sales area of more than 7,000 square meters are able to work. Only grocery and hygiene stores, pharmacies, optical stores, florists, bookstores, and press outlets are able to operate in shopping centers/malls with an area of more than 7,000 square meters. Street trade is allowed.
- Services related to entertainment and wellbeing are banned but it is allowed to provide manicure, pedicure, podiatrist and hairdresser services.
- Public catering places are allowed to hand out takeaway meals only.
- As the situation in the world develops daily, the Latvian authorities monitor the situation and share their information with the World Health Organization (WHO).
- In general, the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Latvia reminds all travelers that taking care of good hygiene – e.g. careful washing of hands and using hand disinfectants – is a reasonable use of common sense. If you have any questions regarding the novel coronavirus and COVID-19 and your travels, please call Latvian Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (SPKC) helpline (00 371) 67501590 or (00 371) 67387661 (open 8.30-17.00 working days). In case of emergency call 113.