“Net Art for Tolerance” YE
Youth Exchange “Net Art For Tolerance” is a project co-funded by Erasmus+ programme uniting young people from 6 EU countries: Latvia, Cyprus, France, Romania, FYROM, Italy
Place: Paphos, Cyprus
Aims of the project:
to promote the awareness of tolerance and socially active opposition to xenophobia among young people, including young people with fewer opportunities and disabilities.
- to provide to young people with deeper knowledge about xenophobia, tolerance, minorities;
- to analyze xenophobia and minorities challenges in the participating countries and in the wider context, and to look for solutions on different levels;
- to promote responsible and tolerant behavior among young people;
- to give young people a space for beginning of social and creative self expression
- to promote active citizenship of young people, esp. in the field of tolerance, xenophobia and rights of minorities;
- to promote inclusion of young people with fewer opportunities
through providing them opportunities to participate on the equal level in the international youth project;
- to promote diversity, intercultural dialogue and tolerance between young people from different countries through sharing, learning and working together in the international team;
- to promote international cooperation between youth organisations in the sphere of non-formal education of young people through working together on the international project.
- to promote sense of initiative of young people through working
on the solutions to the global issues and organizing own community actions;
Coordinator of the project
Kulturas biedriba “Alternativa Realitate” (Culture Association Alternative Reality) Latvia
Youth Dynamics, Cyprus
Contrôle-Z Nouvelle Aquitaine, France
Association for Cultural and Educational Development YOUTH ON BOARD, FYROM (former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia)
Asociatia Expert for Security and Global Affairs (ESGA), Romania
Vedogiovane Società Cooperativa Sociale, Italy
During this project we are planning many non-formal learning methods to introduce to young people main definitions of tolerance, xenophobia, minorities, and to raise awareness about xenophobia in our society.
Participants will consider the possibilities of modern art in the expression of active citizenship and intercultural dialogue, as well as the possibilities of modern, contemporary art in the protection of European democratic values.
The product of the project will be сreation by participants of a virtual “art space” project – a web site/platform, where participants and other internet users can create, add and store their creative work against xenophobia in modern society.
It is planned that the web site/platform will be taken by the minority and xenophobia problems in societies of different countries.
- young people of 18-25 y. o.;
- personally interested in the topic of tolerance, xenophobia, ready to share and gain new experience;
- motivated to take active part in the project;
- motivated to share the experience gained during the project in their communities and use the obtained knowledge
- the majority of them never have been abroad and never participated in the international meetings like that;
- at least half of the participants from each national group are the young people with fewer opportunities through
economical, social matters or culture obstacles. There are participants who have educational difficulties and are not
involved into any study or working activities (NEET).
Part of participants belong to the cultural minorities in their local communities including refugees and internally
ActioninECOdirection AltReality brīvprātīgais_darbs charity ClubT30 demokrātija diversity environment ErasmusPlus ErasmusPlusLV ESC ESSolidaritatesKorpuss frontpage humanrights JSPA ksenofobija MaijaGrafs manasolidaritāte mandarinuzeme NetArtForTolerance NVOfonds2020 questthebest SIF social project Solidarity SplashesofDiversity summercamp tolerance volunteering xeNOphobia xenophobia2_0 youthexchange