ACT AREA – non-violent activism training in LATVIA
INFO-PACK “ACT AREA”, LATVIA, 06.-12.06.2022.
Name: ACT AREA
Type of activity: #TRAINING #COURSE
Dates: 6 – 12 JUNE 2022
Place: Koknese, LATVIA
Working language: English
Age limit: 18+
NO PARTICIPATION FEE! Activity is co-funded by the Erasmus+ programme of the European Union.
Travel costs needs to be paid by participants first and after the project will be reimbursed by organisers.
WHAT TO DO?
Aim of the ,, ACTArea ” is to promote non-violent activism as an effective tool for youth participation and inclusion of young people with fewer opportunities, particularly young people living in villages, internally displaced young people, refugees and minority groups.
WHERE & WHEN?
Two interconnected training courses are organized in Ukraine and in Latvia.
Training course, part I – was implemented in Ukraine, Sumy , 08.08.2021-14.08.2021.
Training course, part II – Latvia, Koknese – we invite you to apply for participation in LATVIA 06.12.06.2022.
MAIN OBJECTIVES OF THE PROJECT:
- To support cooperation and communication process among young people with fewer opportunities living in different part of Europe;
- To get familiar with elements and forms of discrimination and how and why to combat it;
- To raise awareness about main principles of youth participation and non-violent activism as an effective instrument;
- To increase competences of participants on social/non-violent activism;
- To increase competences of participants to initiate, design and implement nonviolent actions and campaigns through digital tools (photography, videography).
- To provide a safe space and opportunity for participants to plan and implement follow up actions in communities;
- To provide young people with an opportunity to present their culture, learn about others and share their specific attitudes;
- Latvia, 6 participants
- Turkey, 5 participants
- Spain, 5 participants
- Armenia, 5 participants
- Romania, 6 participants
- Belarus, 5 participants
- Ukraine, 5 participants
On each training course we have 7 countries, in total 36 persons in each part of the project.
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
Participants: 18+ with no age limit
For the first activity training the following target group will participate from each Partner organization:
1 youth worker or youth leader, 1 activist, 1 organization representative and 1 person from local community stakeholders – the last one will be decided by the organization itself, the local community stakeholder could be local municipality, local state university, local student union or self-governing body.
No any participation fees from any participant.
PARTICIPANTS PROFILE AND BACKGROUND
Who Can Apply:
- Age of participants 18 + (NO UPPER AGE LIMIT)
- Youth workers or youth leaders
- Local activists
- Partner organization representatives
- Participants who have the full motivation and want to gain new experience
- Participants who are available for the whole duration of the project – preferably those who can participate in the second round of the training in Latvia
- Participants with Social, economical, national obstacles, minorities, refugees, participants with health problems and disabilities, participants from rural areas
- English level – at least beginner, enough for understanding a trainers and express your thoughts and opinions
TO READ MORE INFORMATION AND APPLY PLEASE CHECK INFO-PACK
The project ACTarea was financed with the support of European Commission’s “Erasmus+: Youth in Action” administered in Latvia by the Agency for International Programs for Youth. This publication reflects only the author’s views, and the Commission cannot be held responsible for any use which may be made of the information contained there in.